Friday, April 10, 2015

Humana Home Health Care

Well, as it turned out, our little trip to Jackson Hole caused us to lose the home nursing care and the home physical therapy, as well as the Tele-Health machine that I really liked.  They called when we got back and said that the home health care is only available to people who are housebound and if a person can take a 6-day trip, they are not housebound.

When the administrator told me that, I got pretty upset.  I have come to count on these things.  She agreed to send out a social worker next week to talk to us about it, but she said not to expect them to change this decision.  It's a Medicare thing.  So phooey!

In the past two days I've only had two very mild A-fib attacks.  I've been eating as many magnesium-rich foods as I can, as well as taking CoQ10.  The cardiologist said that would probably help.  So far, so good.

My friend Sue sent me an article that was in the Chicago Tribune entitled, "Weight Loss Linked to Healthier Heartbeat."  There have been studies in Australia confirming that if you are overweight and you lose 10 percent of your body weight (and keep it off), you are six times more likely to be free of atrial fibrillation symptoms.  The findings were to be presented in San Diego at the annual meeting of the American College of Cardiology. They also are published simultaneously in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.  I love articles like that!!

Marshall felt better today but not good enough.  We see the oncologist on Monday and we will at least get an idea of whether or not the chemo pills are working.

PS:  I have no idea why all of a sudden some of the text in this post is highlighted...

No comments:

Post a Comment