Saturday, September 19, 2015

Generator

Well, I should eat my words.  The generator guy is here -- on a Saturday -- fixing the generator.  This may be a good weekend after all.

I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to use this chemotherapy cream without getting it on things that can cause problems.  (such as "don't rub my nose because it would be hell on the mucus membranes" or "don't rub my eyes because it could cause severe eye problems" or "don't let the dog lick me," Etc.)  The doctor's nurse yesterday said, "This cream has been used for over 30 years and have you ever heard anything about an animal dying from it?"  Well, no, but that won't keep me from worrying when the instruction sheet I got stresses the danger of this cream.  Neither the doctor nor the pharmacist seems to be able to tell me if this is a "vanishing cream" that is absorbed leaving skin that is safe to touch.

And when I take a shower, I can only really use my left hand, the right hand has to stay clear of the shower -- washing my hair should be interesting.  I guess I'll figure out how to make it work since I definitely want to kill the skin cancer!

I bought a motion detector light and I'll get it installed in the next day or two.  It is solar-operated so I have to figure out the best place to put it so that (1) it will get enough sun to stay charged; and (2) it will point in a direction that will make sense.  Now, this light will be both good and bad.  If my neighbor comes up here at night I'll be alerted.  But if a few deer walk by, I will also be alerted.  My adrenaline could get a workout.

I talked to the real estate agent this week and as soon as I can get the inside of the house "show ready," it will be back on the market.  I'm ready to be in a city again.

No comments:

Post a Comment